Overnight Dispatch (Remote)
Wanted: A Midnight Allocation Artist!
(Also known as Overnight Dispatch)
EMBARK ON YOUR JOURNEY
We invite you to join Entara and start your journey as one of our fully-remote, Overnight Dispatchers! This entry level position is tasked with holding down the fort for our Managed Services team and sounding the alarm for client issues that need immediate resolution.
While our dispatchers don’t need to be very technical, they are masters of following process—crossing every t and dotting every i. They have an impeccable knack for effectively communicating what needs to be done and looping in the right taskforce to accomplish the seemingly impossible—it’s just all in a night’s work.
Being a primarily remote, solo role, they have a specific rhythm that keeps them on task and in charge of all the processes simultaneously executing in the wee hours of the morning. Simply put, this role is vital to our success and not just any night owl will do.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
(Otherwise known as the fine print, the list of job tasks and responsibilities.)
Our clients sleep soundly knowing that Entara is at the helm day and night, 24x7x365. Entara’s Overnight Dispatchers are tasked with raising the alarm and executing on key escalation processes to ensure we address the highest priority of issues affecting our client’s infrastructures. Dispatchers report directly to the Director of Managed Services and act as “eyes on the boards” to review, update, assign, and escalate issues that are submitted to our Service Desk in the wee hours of the morning. Our Dispatchers regularly interface with our on-call engineers and the on-call manager to ensure that escalated, high priority client issues are well on their way to resolution before the start of the business day.
- After-Hours Ticket Management:
- Be available and logged into the Managed Services support queues and required tools
- Be the first point of contact for all after-hours issues and triage using our standard processes
- Ensure SLAs are being met on open tickets and escalate as required
- Follow New Call Process to:
- Answer after-hours Service Desk calls and emails, gathering necessary details
- Gather required information to identify pertinent ticket details
- Gather urgency and impact
- Create ticket
- Follow Dispatch Process to:
- Pick up open tickets in the queue (both new calls and monitoring alerts)
- Review ticket details to understand the scope and skillset required to address the issue
- Prioritize and assign ticket to the appropriate engineer(s)
- Update Clients as necessary regarding their open tickets
- Follow Client Escalation Process for identified Priority 1 “P1” tickets :
- Call relevant On-Call Engineers and On-Call Managers
- Successfully complete transitions by providing thorough hand-offs to other Overnight Dispatchers or Engineers at the close of each shift
WHO YOU ARE: REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- You’re available to work nights and yes, these may include weekends—Entara provides local, live coverage 24x7 just like a hospital does. We are looking for that rare breed that thrives more at midnight than at midday. You’re open to working part-time hours (averaging between 16-24 hours a week) with shifts ranging from 4, 8, or 12 hours in duration and worked between the hours of 6pm-8am CT Monday-Sunday. *Sample 4 hour shift options: 6pm-11pm, 11pm-3am, 3am-8am.*
Please note: Our current dispatch opening requires primary shift coverage for the 3am-7am (weekdays) shift, with a rotation into the 3am-8am (weekends) shift. We are also open to individuals who have some daytime availability on the weekends: 8am – 6pm CT shift. If you do not have this availability, please apply via our Talent Community and we’ll keep you in mind for future shift openings.
- You have a dedicated, private space for a home office and already have in place a reliable, private internet connection with at least 25MBPS bandwidth. Public wifi and shared common spaces do not meet these standards.
- You have a personal computer in good working condition that you can use for work. Entara will supply you with a headset to utilize a softphone and the other necessary online tools and software to complete your tasks remotely.
- You have at least 1-2 year(s) of experience in a role that required you to autonomously perform sequential tasks in a timely and accurate fashion. You enjoy roles that follow a set process and require an attentiveness to the details. Our ideal candidate would already have experience with dispatch (even if it’s of another flavor).
- You don't shrink away from answering the phone and being someone's confidant. Our clients are calling in with any and every type of technical issue, at all hours of the day. We are there to help make their lives that much easier by getting their issue on the fastest road to resolution. Your experience boasts of positions where you had to play the middle man, emphasize with stressed individuals, and help get them back on track.
- You have at a minimum obtained your high-school degree or GED. You are a fast-learner (especially when it comes to navigating technical tools) and comprehension was one of your strengths in school.
- At the end of a long day, you pride yourself on the influence you had on another person’s day. It’s not just about mindlessly doing a task, you enjoy bridging the gap for our clients and ensuring their issues get resolved in a timely manner.
- You are fascinated by the technical industry and want to gain exposure to (and be a valuable part of) the internal operations of one of Chicago’s Best Managed Service Providers!
WHO YOU ARE: PERSONALITY-WISE
- A Night Owl: You would label yourself as a night-person. You are most alert and energized when the sun goes down. You enjoy the solitude of being deeply focused and executing one task after another- burning the midnight oil.
- Reliable: You pride yourself on being an effective, follow-through. You rarely have to be corrected twice. You stand by your work with pride and consciously attend to each task before moving onto the next one at hand.
- You enjoy the rhythm of a checklist: checking for open issues, gathering the details, determining the urgency, scheduling follow-ups, and communicating next steps. That’s your preferred cup of tea!
- You play fair. You live by all those early childhood lessons about treating people with respect, keeping your commitments, listening to the views of others, resolving conflict through negotiation, communicating clearly, and contributing to a positive team effort. You place team success above your individual interests.
WHO WE ARE
Entara is a new kind of IT Managed Services Company. We’re built from the ground up to provide the strategic vision, platforms, processes and people to travel with our clients on the path to their best IT future. We partner with mid-sized Chicago organizations to make technology work brilliantly for our clients.
We launched in 2001, as the niche firm YJT Solutions (You Just Trade) helping to solve some of the IT challenges of Chicago’s most intense trading environments. Because of our success working in the financial industry, we branched out to serve other industries over a decade ago.
In 2018, we rebranded to Entara because our company has grown and evolved far beyond its original roots. We are doubling down on making investments in our future to better serve our clients. We are evaluating new toolsets, selecting and integrating the best ones for our future-facing IT Service Management platform, EntaraWorks. We are hiring tomorrow’s leaders, giving them the opportunity to grow beyond what they ever imagined.
We’ve been formally recognized as one of Chicago’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For since 2017. We've been ranked among MSPmentor’s Top 200 global IT managed services providers, and our influence has expanded beyond the Chicago arena. Our sole focus is excellence. If you are fond of the phrase “close enough,” please don’t apply for this job. Our success is built on developing exceptional relationships with fellow co-workers and clients alike, as we collaboratively chart our best paths forward to the future.
Frodo couldn’t do it alone. He needed a team. Entara values teamwork and collegiality, especially on those days that feel like a march to Mordor. At Entara, everyone has a role to play, everyone leads in one situation or another, and everyone has the opportunity to grow into positions of increasing responsibility. If your goal is to be Lord of the Ring, please don’t apply for this job. If you want to join the Fellowship of the Ring, please do apply!
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN
You’ll have a direct impact on our operations, our clients, and our fellow EntaraCorps members. Because of that impact, you’ll get our respect and gratitude for the role you play in making Entara the best it can be.
We’ll provide you with skills, training, responsibility and opportunities to grow, both at Entara and wherever your career takes you in the future. (However, we hope you’ll be successful here for a good, long time.)
We know that’s not enough.
Here are some of the perks we currently offer our overnight dispatch team:
- Competitive, hourly pay ranging from $15-$20/hr. depending on skillset
- Eligibility for overtime if your hours exceed 40 hours in a Monday-Sunday work week
- Select Benefits: Sick Leave accruals & 401k matching.
- Day-time training with our Managed Services leads to quickly get you up to speed in your new position
- Inclusion in Company-wide training events, including “Interrogation Sessions”: Entara’s quarterly, open forum training sessions
- Admittance to our Company-wide outings both in-person and virtual. Recent examples of past outings include Ravinia concerts, rooftop barbecues, floating the Chicago River, bowling & bocce, laser tag, and vintage gaming at Headquarters, among other things!
And there’s more…
Our spirit is what makes us different. We work hard. We play hard. We care about each other because we respect where each of us comes from and who we are. We have a more evolved notion of teamwork--solving client problems together and scouring the horizon for new ideas together. We recognize the journey we’re all on, from our clients to ourselves. We’re all at different places on that journey, and each stop requires support, knowledge and courage to move on. It’s why we bring the best tools and support to our clients. And why we treat and reward our EntaraCorps the way we do.
Curiosity is encouraged!
Have questions? Recruiting@entaracorp.com