Business Analyst Intern (Summer 2020)
Wanted: A Budding Sherlock of Business Analysis seeking Galactic exposure
(Also known as a Business Analyst Intern)
EMBARK ON THE JOURNEY
We invite you to join Entara and start your journey as a Business Analyst Intern within our Managed Services Team! Entara’s Managed Services team plays an integral role in the daily IT operations of a variety of different business landscapes. They are a team that remediates fires, jumps through technical hoops, and identifies opportunities for our client’s advancement. The tools and systems they fine-tune enable us to deliver superb results at lightning speed.
Our BA Intern will be tasked in assisting this team with fine-tuning operational functions: reviewing “the data”, organizing project efforts, and refining knowledge management- all of which allow our engineers to deliver the above and beyond, 24x7x365. We are seeking an individual who is a budding Sherlock—a powerhouse of precise communication, process organization, and analysis who is ready to take their skills to the next level in a fast-paced, service-oriented environment—does that sound like you?
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
(Otherwise known as the fine print, the list of job tasks and responsibilities.)
Entara’s Business Analyst Intern will report to the Director of Managed Services and will primarily be responsible for assisting Managed Services Leadership with identifying gaps in process, knowledgebase, and reporting. Our BA Intern will be tasked with executing on these improvement measures, including but not limited to process workflow re-design, reporting refinement, project coordination, and crafting documentation for our knowledgebase. The realized impact of an effective BA Intern will be to increase the effectiveness of Entara and our client’s IT operations.
Perform Data Analysis and Issue Identification
- Work with Managed Services Leadership to identify MS needs and assist with development and implementation of best practices
- Update process workflows
- Analyze and review data and reports for continued improvement and standardization
- Report on weekly scorecard metrics for use in L10s:
- Utilize organizational strengths to keep the team on track with internal Entara projects executed by the Managed Service team:
- Organize and run team meetings
- Capture and coordinate deliverables
- Schedule and align resources
- Conduct status checks to ensure efforts are on track
- Escalate pressing issues to Managed Services Leadership
- Provide insight and feedback on solutions to obstacles
- Leverage available PM tools and practices to align internal project delivery standards with those utilized by the Professional Services team
Process Audits on Operational Data and Tools
- Assist in refining Entara Auditing Methodology and Process - making it repeatable and scalable
- Assist in the execution of the Entara Audit Process on internal and external tools and systems, including but not limited to:
- Security Tools
- Remote Access Tools
Deliver Internal and External Operational Reporting
- Coordinate with internal and external contacts to identify reporting requirements and needed reports for analysis
- Create requested reports to meet reporting needs
Knowledge Management Refinement
- Working with IT Glue and ServiceNow:
- Action on requested KB article needs
- Draft and publish KB articles
- Update KB articles (require updates)
- Refine Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) & Client Documentation
- Identify opportunities for improvement in knowledge management workflow
Gain valuable hands-on experience at a fast-paced IT Managed Service Provider
- Understand Entara’s IT Service Management System
- Receive training on service delivery best practices and ITIL methodologies
- Complete and present “Rock” Projects alongside Managed Services Leadership, aimed at optimizing the output or organization of the Managed Services department
WHO YOU ARE: REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- You are actively working towards completion of your Bachelor’s degree in a technology centric major OR more ideally – a degree focused on business or data analysis. Preferably, you are a junior in your collegiate studies and your Anne with an e determination has resulted in a high GPA or other academic accolades. Your pursuit for knowledge hasn’t been quenched yet! You are seeking an opportunity to put your current knowledge into action and gain valuable exposure in a corporate IT environment!
- You have prior experience in a role that required you compile reports and analyze that data to unearth issues and potential solutions. Your attentive research and analysis have resulted in solving multiple cases of “who (or what) done it?”
- You are a quick study when it comes to wielding the power of new technical tools. You constantly employ technological advances to make your life easier –Accio Automation!
- You possess a winning combination of superb writing skills and clear verbal communication skills. When you put pen to paper, your thoughts are organized, outlined intentionally, pristine (grammatically speaking), and convey the detail with which you approach each and every opportunity for communication. Our unicorn candidate, would also have a knack for technical writing!
- You wield general productivity tools such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Visio, and Excel to compose tasteful and informative documentation, outlines, and status reports for reference by interested parties.
- You are excited to be in an entrepreneurial firm housed downtown in the Windy City: Chicago, IL.
- At the end of a long day, you pride yourself on the influence you had on another person’s day. It’s not just about analyzing trends, but about being an advocate for team success- committing to finding a way, refining a process, and executing the fix with perfection.
WHO YOU ARE: PERSONALITY-WISE
- A Business Sherlock: You have an eye for aligning processes and data to create a compelling business case for improvements. You enjoy the thrill of the hunt: deciphering the landscape, uncovering opportunities, and almost simultaneously coming to the table with a theory and plan for action that will close the case!
- The Devil is in the Details. You have an angelic ability to sort through chaos and make order. Your eye and attention for details helps you uncover hidden gems, while your thorough documentation and reports capture and convey every facet of each stone.
- A Personal Stake: When you screw up, the person who is most disappointed is always you. You take great pride in the quality of your work and the way in which you deliver it. Some people are fine with settling for “very good,” but you have your eye on the prize: excellence. You are self-motivated in respect to your work because you view it as a reflection of yourself and what you have to offer. You often find that the standards you set for yourself are even higher than what others expect of you, and you learn from your mistakes.
- Appetite for learning: You’re always reaching for the next apple on the knowledge tree, as well as the last piece of pizza in the box. Learning is its own reward—but it also helps when you have your eye on a job in the next tier. You like working in a managed-knowledge organization that promotes from within as you gain experience.
- You play fair. You live by all those early childhood lessons about treating people with respect, keeping your commitments, listening to the views of others, resolving conflict through negotiation, communicating clearly, and contributing to a positive team effort. You place team success above your individual interests.
We’re serious about these qualities. If they don’t apply to you, you won’t be happy at Entara and we won’t be happy with you. We’ll part ways sooner rather than later. Let’s avoid all that discomfort by agreeing you won’t contort yourself to meet requirements that just don’t fit. You are who you are, and that’s okay.
WHO WE ARE
Entara is a new kind of IT Managed Services Company. We’re built from the ground up to provide the strategic vision, platforms, processes and people to travel with our clients on the path to their best IT future. We partner with mid-sized Chicago organizations to make technology work brilliantly for our clients.
We launched in 2001, as the niche firm YJT Solutions (You Just Trade) helping to solve some of the IT challenges of Chicago’s most intense trading environments. Because of our success working in the financial industry, we branched out to serve other industries over a decade ago.
In 2018, we rebranded to Entara because our company has grown and evolved far beyond its original roots. We are doubling down on making investments in our future to better serve our clients. We are evaluating new toolsets, selecting and integrating the best ones for our future-facing IT Service Management platform, EntaraWorks. We are hiring tomorrow’s leaders, giving them the opportunity to grow beyond what they ever imagined.
We’ve been formally recognized as one of Chicago’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in both 2017, 2018 and 2019. We’ve made the INC 5000 Top Growing Companies list for the last 3 years! Although we’re ranked among MSPmentor’s Top 200 global IT managed services providers, our customers are generally local to the Chicagoland area. Our sole focus is excellence. If you are fond of the phrase “close enough,” please don’t apply for this job. Our success is built on developing exceptional relationships with fellow co-workers and clients alike, as we collaboratively chart our best paths forward to the future.
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN
You’ll have a direct impact on our operations, our clients, and our fellow EntaraCorps members. Because of that impact, you’ll get our respect and gratitude for the role you play in making Entara the best it can be.
We’ll provide you with skills, training, responsibility and opportunities to grow, both at Entara and wherever your career takes you in the future. (However, we hope you’ll be successful here for a good, long time.)
We know that’s not enough.
Here are some of the perks we currently offer our interns:
- Competitive, hourly pay
- Stipends for discounting housing or commuter costs (when applicable)
- Inclusion in Company-wide training events, including “Interrogation Sessions”: Entara’s bi-weekly, open forum training session
- Admittance to our Company-wide outings. Recent examples of past outings include Ravinia concerts, rooftop barbecues, floating the Chicago River, bowling & bocce, laser tag, and vintage gaming at Headquarters, among other things!
- Opportunities to collaborate with our Leadership Team and discuss career advice & growth
- Dedicated Career Mentor and Entara Ambassador to follow your journey as an intern with Entara!
- Scheduled shadow opportunities to customize your internship experience- gaining valuable exposure to other Entara teams and business functions beyond your assigned team.
And there’s more…
Free snacks and drinks, weekly lunches, and “Fridays at Four.” Combine that with the chance to work with a variety of clients in some of the most interesting industries around, solve big problems, create new pathways in managed services, and help to lead our clients and ourselves deep into the future, and Entara becomes the one IT company that’s hard to beat.
And there’s even more...
Our spirit is what makes us different. We work hard. We play hard. We care about each other because we respect where each of us comes from and who we are. We have a more evolved notion of teamwork--solving client problems together and scouring the horizon for new ideas together. We recognize the journey we’re all on, from our clients to ourselves. We’re all at different places on that journey, and each stop requires support, knowledge and courage to move on. It’s why we bring the best tools and support to our clients. And why we treat and reward our EntaraCorps the way we do.