Sr. Security Analyst (Remote)
Wanted: An Anchor of Security Resilience and Analysis
(also known as a Sr. Security Analyst)
EMBARK ON YOUR JOURNEY
We invite you to join Entara and further your career journey with us as our Sr. Security Analyst. As one of the technical leads for our security practice, this role is not for the faint of heart. We are looking for that rare breed of individual who can both build new processes and capabilities, and then continue to cultivate and mature them going forward. This is not the typical security position where you’re sitting at a desk, looking for “the bad guys” or hunting for the next threat. Our Sr. Security Analyst has the unique experience and platform to proactively craft comprehensive workflows to help our clients prevent, and possibility eliminate malicious activity. Our Sr. Security Analyst is known for finding that elusive solve—seemingly pulling excellent results while the dust is still settling in the emerging, ever changing threat landscape.
Working directly with our Chief Information Security Officer, our Sr. Security Analyst will play a key role in maturing the tactics and the delivery methods leveraged in Entara’s security practice. As our client base and service portfolio continues to expand, the Sr. Security Analyst will be a driving force of knowledge transfer, service consistency and continuity, ensuring the ball never drops, communicating relevant action items with the foresight to prevent future incidents.
While the rest of the world is focused on selling (and reselling) security products, we are focused on bringing meaningful change to organizations’ security. We obsess about a comprehensive approach to cybersecurity that can produce a cycle of resilience for the client. To realize that level of best-in-class in service, we need a trailblazing Sr. Security Analyst to drive excellence in detection and response—does that happen to be you?
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
(Otherwise known as the fine print, the list of job tasks and responsibilities.)
Entara’s Sr. Security Analyst is responsible for the research, vetting, protocols, and tactics utilized to support our proprietary security solutions. Our Sr. Security Analyst will act as an SME for all things cybersecurity, keeping an eye on emerging threats and proactively identifying solutions for proactive client intervention.
This multi-hat position will report to and primarily interact with our Chief Information Security Officer. The Sr. Security Analyst will spend time building foundational policies, frameworks, and knowledge required to deliver our security services, and optimizing those components over time as the threat landscape evolves. In addition, our Sr. Security Analyst will be relied upon to guide, mentor, and train incoming team members as a central contributor to this practice, with opportunities to grow into team leadership.
Develop & Deliver Service
- Work alongside the CISO as our “resilience expert” on security remediation, solves, and the threat landscape that our clients encounter.
- Employ former blue- and red-team experience to identify and organize remedial responses leveraged within our active security offerings.
- Proactively research threats to determine effective solutions, building these into our knowledge base.
- Provide oversight, analysis, and guidance on major security incidents.
- Obsess over providing a transparent client experience. We are not building a Blackbox.
- Define and Refine
- Produce new standard operating procedures for various service models
- Build and maintain playbooks and workflows, keeping in mind the interaction among various service delivery tools, including ServiceNow.
- Contribute structure and methodology to our delivery processes that distinguishes our value
- Understand how to leverage MITRE ATT&CK® to capitalize on opportunities to build mitigation strategies for clients.
- Consult on and optimize the intersection between various resources and tools that underpin the security practice
- Execute Service Operations
- Validate incidents to determine if further action is needed
- Determine if threats were prevented or not prevented
- Investigate possible remedial actions
- Develop and deliver remediation instructions to clients
- Proactively compose and map remediate actions to incidents
- Streamline this process through building and refining incident to action matrix
Collaborate & Cultivate Team Relations
- Establish trust and rapport with team members, creating an atmosphere of shared responsibility and enthusiastic vision-casting
- Collaborate with our Security Engineer, providing constructive feedback on developed toolset capabilities.
- Delegate and elevate your own position by raising up security professionals to take on routine tasks, keeping yourself at the forefront of defining and systematizing our response methodology to advance our product positioning in the marketplace.
- Guide, mentor, and train new recruits.
WHO YOU ARE: REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- You have least 3-6 years’ experience gained within a cybersecurity company and are no stranger to a 24x7 SOC. Having been raised in both the red and the blue camps, threat identification, hunting, and leveraging security toolsets are baked into your work history. You are ready to employ that knowledge into a new service-provider setting and put your own stamp on the security marketplace.
- You consider yourself deeply analytical and your super-power is your ability to turn a security incident and attack techniques into deliverable resilience recommendations.
- You are an expert when it comes to TTPs and attack vectors used by threat actors. You understand how they might apply to different and unique environments. You have gained deep experience threat hunting using EDR or SIEM solutions.
- You boast of scripting experience within Python, Powershell, and the like. You have experience working within a SOAR. You also have experience working with AWS, GCP, and Azure.
- You are open to a 45-55 hour work week—for you, it’s about your personal follow through, regardless of the time or steps it takes to get there. Quality work takes quality time and it’s not about putting in your hours. You’ll make yourself available to respond to a business-critical fire and will even help us establish our “on-call” requirements for this function—you’re committed to the team and committed to building something.
- You are ready to be an effective remote worker and have a dedicated, private space for a home office and already have in place a reliable, private internet connection with at least 25MBPS bandwidth. Public wifi and shared common spaces do not meet these standards. Entara will supply you with the other necessary tools and hardware to complete your tasks remotely.
WHO YOU ARE: PERSONALITY-WISE
- Creatively disciplined: You are religious in your approach towards a solution and start on the road well-travelled as a foundation. You’ve also got a streak of Potter’ish ingenuity when something unexpected comes along. You’re not phased when new obstacles block your path and have the resilience to act in the midst of incomplete or imperfect information. You research the problem piece by piece and pay attention to intuitive inspiration—leading to an inventive, yet grounded solution—all without missing a beat.
- Driven to win: Your sights are set on Olympic gold…all day, every You avoid even thinking, “That’s good enough.” As someone who respects others’ time and manages expectations, you consider being “on-time” a virtue and see following through on commitments as the Holy Grail of your personal work ethic. You continually look to fill gaps in security solutions and find ways to improve those that already exist.
- A Trendsetter: You aren’t phased by being the lone ranger—you’ve been longing for a chance to take the knowledge you’ve gained and reinvent it for a new space. When asked to build something, you run at the end-goal headfirst, paving the way for others to support the foundations you’ve laid. You consider yourself to be an entrepreneur of security solutions and are ready to take a leap into un-charted territory.
- Appetite for learning: You’re always reaching for the next apple on the knowledge tree, as well as the last piece of pizza in the box. Your sights are continuously set on “leveling up”, so you enjoy working in an organization that promotes from within. You take a proactive approach towards keeping a pulse on security trends and potential threats that lurk on the horizon, so that you can always be counted on to bring the next wave of solutions to light.
- Ambidexterity: You extend your hand down to support fellow security analysts, as well as reach across the team for help when you need it. You’re adept at balancing your own workload with the responsibilities of the team. You’re intentional about sharing constructive feedback and ideas with colleagues while welcoming the same in return.
WHO WE ARE
Entara is a new kind of Managed Services Company. We’re built from the ground up to provide the strategic vision, platforms, processes and people to travel with our clients on the path to their best technology future. We partner with mid-sized organizations to make technology work brilliantly for our clients.
We launched in 2001, as the niche firm YJT Solutions (You Just Trade) helping to solve some of the IT challenges of Chicago’s most intense trading environments. Because of our success working in the financial industry, we branched out to serve other industries over a decade ago.
In 2018, we rebranded to Entara because our company has grown and evolved far beyond its original roots. We are doubling down on making investments in our future to better serve our clients. We are evaluating new toolsets, selecting and integrating the best ones for our future-facing IT Service Management platform, EntaraWorks. We are hiring tomorrow’s leaders, giving them the opportunity to grow beyond what they ever imagined.
We’re now expanding our security practice to marry products and proactive services. This is a different and cohesive approach to delivering meaningful cybersecurity solutions to companies; we are going beyond the incident, to improve our clients’ security posture using informed offensive tactics.
We’ve been formally recognized as one of Chicago’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For since 2017. We’ve also been named in the INC 5000 Top Growing Companies for the past three years! We’re also ranked among MSPmentor’s Top 200 global IT managed services providers, and our influence has expanded beyond the Chicago arena. Our sole focus is excellence. If you are fond of the phrase “close enough,” please don’t apply for this job. Our success is built on developing exceptional relationships with fellow co-workers and clients alike, as we collaboratively chart our best paths forward to the future.
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN
You’ll have a direct impact on our operations, our clients, and our fellow EntaraCorps members. Because of that impact, you’ll get our respect and gratitude for the role you play in making Entara the best it can be.
We’ll provide you with skills, training, responsibility and opportunities to grow, both at Entara and wherever your career takes you in the future. (However, we hope you’ll be successful here for a good, long time.)
We consider mentoring and participating in the continual learning of others to be absolutely essential for both you and your co-workers. You’ll benefit by developing your leadership skills—and by having a replacement ready when you’re ready to move up to another position.
We know that’s not enough.
Here are some of the employee benefits we currently offer:
- BCBS Gold-level PPO Medical Insurance, premiums paid 100% by us
- Generous and flexible Paid Time Off policy
- 100% Remote Working Options
- 401k Corporate Matching Program
- Reimbursement for approved certification tests and training, seminars, summits, and more
- Dental Insurance, premiums paid 100% by us
- Disability Insurance, premiums paid 100% by us
- Life Insurance, premiums paid 100% by us with option for buy-up for additional coverage
- Healthcare Savings Account (HSA)
- Dependent Care FSA
- Granted it’s safe to do so, Company-wide outings every six months and virtual events sprinkled in-between! Historic examples include outdoor concerts, rooftop barbecues, floating the Chicago River, bowling & bocce, laser tag, and vintage gaming at a local Beercade, among other things!
And there’s more…
Virtual “Fridays at Four” and bi-weekly Wellness coaching sessions. Combine that with the chance to work with a variety of clients in some of the most interesting industries around, solve big problems, create new pathways in managed security services, and help to lead our clients and ourselves deep into the future, and Entara becomes one company that’s hard to beat.
And there’s even more...
Our spirit is what makes us different. We work hard. We play hard. We care about each other because we respect where each of us comes from and who we are. We have a more evolved notion of teamwork—solving problems together and scouring the horizon for new ideas together. We recognize the journey we’re all on, from our clients to ourselves. We’re all at different places on that journey, and each stop requires support, knowledge and courage to move on. It’s why we bring the best tools and support to our clients. And why we treat and reward our EntaraCorps the way we do.