Breach Remediation: Contract Systems Engineer
Wanted: Flexible, Voyaging Techno-Masters Ready to Remediate!
(also known as a Breach Remediation: Contract Systems Engineer)
EMBARK ON YOUR JOURNEY
We invite you to collaborate with Entara and further your professional journey with us as a member of our Breach Remediation Project Team. As a top-tier provider of technical service delivery, Entara maintains partnerships that require our team to flex into immediate, high-priority security remediation projects. Project work ranges from remote delivery across varying time zones “dusk to dawn” to jumping on a plane, travelling the continental US to provide onsite support. These projects are essentially a rescue operation: taking environments in the aftermath of a breach and restoring them to full operations.
The security remediation work we perform requires extreme care and precision to make sure that we truly cross every t and dot every i, resulting in our client’s ability to get back to work. Engineers will be tasked with an outline of project deliverables, running through a checklist of requirements, and working collectively on issues that arise mid-completion. This could range from reimaging a server, to restoring backups, to rebuilding a VMWare environment. The work is dynamic, fast-paced, and requires the self-discipline to “execute the plan” within an aggressive timeline. Are you ready to roll up your sleeves and jump into the fire with us?
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Given our aggressive growth and varying project sprints, we are seeking immediately available systems engineers who are interested in exploring their fit with Entara and who would be open to a contract position as a primary point of entry into our organization.
We are seeking contractors who are comfortable committing to being a member of our active, contractor bench. Being on the bench does not mean that you are guaranteed full-time work or consistent hours. Rather, bench contractors are considered flexible resources that are vetted and assigned as project sprints arise for completion.
Project sprints could last as little as a few days up to full-time hours for a month (sometimes more). The assigned project hours are based both on the contractor’s flexibility and the needs of Entara at the time of outreach. It is the assumption that contractors will seek to maintain somewhat consistent availability in hours and the openness to travel in order to be prioritized for future outreach and assignment of hours.
In essence, we are seeking to establish relationships that allow flexibility for both the contractor and for Entara.
If you’re open to this type of arrangement, keep on reading!
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Our Contracted Systems Engineers are primarily tasked with providing escalated remote and onsite support to Entara’s Breach clients. Issues range from backups, workstation, active directory, network, and hypervisor restoration.
- Assigned project work could encompass any of the following tasks & requirements:
- Work through a daily schedule in ServiceNow that has been established through the project management process. Be available to acknowledge your assigned tasks.
- Provide insight on project planning, project design, preparation of deliverables, timelining, and contingency planning.
- Perform intermediate systems configuration, management, and maintenance in areas including the following (a sample, but not an exhaustive listing):
- Microsoft-related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL Server, SharePoint, Active Directory, GPO, LAPS, SCCM, MDT, etc.
- Virtualization technologies: VMware and Microsoft Hyper V
- Backup and disaster recovery solutions for both desktops and servers
- Remote access solutions: VPN, Remote Desktop, Citrix, etc.
- Communicate with Project Managers as required: actively keep them informed of restoration progress and escalation requirements, notify them of impending changes or agreed outages.
- Update ServiceNow time entries, change details, work notes, and expenses in real-time.
- Leverage diagnostic tools; review event logs, Syslogs, monitoring data, and memory dumps to troubleshoot issues.
- Restore and reimage virtual servers from images and various backup solutions.
- Restore and rebuild ESX and Hyper-V hosts, domain controller, etc.
- Deploy and configure security-enhancing solutions for systems and applications (including MFA and endpoint protection).
- Receive escalated systems issues from more junior engineering resources, or overflow from other engineering groups and work to resolution.
WHO YOU ARE: REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- You have at least 3-5 years of experience delivering IT projects or support by administering Windows Operating Systems (including Windows 10 and Windows Server); managing hypervisors via VMWare or Hyper-V; and managing DNS, CIFS, Active Directory, Exchange/Office 365, SQL, SCCM, MDT, etc.
- You’re open to a flexible schedule, assigned upon project sprints. Hours requested could be as little as a handful of hours worked at night to working 8-10 hours days onsite at a client location. Yes, there will be requests for weekends and late-night hours. You will have the flexibility to say no to any project requests. *Please note that consistent unavailability may mean you aren’t the first in line for placement on our next project sprint.*
- You are ready to be an effective remote worker and have a dedicated, private space for a home office with a capable personal computer and private internet connection with at least 25MBPS bandwidth. Public WiFi and shared common spaces do not meet these standards.
- You are a voyager at heart: prepared and open to travel domestically at short or no notice. Required travel is arranged by the contractor, but costs related to flights, lodging, etc. are invoiced to Entara and reimbursed. Given the Covid-19 pandemic and onsite requirements, trips that extend beyond a single day engagement are afforded an allowance for obtaining PPE (personal protective equipment): masks & sanitizer.
- You know the ins-and-outs of servers, desktop hardware & applications, operating systems, desktop/mobile clients, Remote Desktop, and virtualization, are familiar with the diagnostic tools for each, and can put those tools to good use. You have a solid grasp on Linux and Storage Area Networks as well.
- You are gaining expertise in configuring and managing cloud-based infrastructure, specifically leveraging Azure and/or AWS.
- You have foundational understanding of network route, switch, firewall and wireless technology (including NAT policies and load balancing). You can demonstrate an applied understanding of application architecture to properly analyze the communication paths between various hosts such as application server, SQL server, and web server.
WHO YOU ARE: PERSONALITY-WISE
We seek to align our business with contractors who display the following attributes:
- A Commitment to Solve: Our most successful contractors have balanced the art of breaking problems down to their core. While using logical processes to find a solution is repeatable, the shining stars are those who can spot a variance a mile off and use their Potter-ish ingenuity when something weird comes along and needs a creative solution.
- An Eye for Detailed Execution: We value relationships that we don’t have to micro-manage. You take pride in what you sign your name to and are known for your reliability, follow-through, and spot-on deliverables.
- The Resilience to Flex: The nature of this relationship is one that requires flexibility and the willingness to dive into the deep end at a moment’s notice and “pick up the pieces”. Half of the battle we face is finding those with the resilience to step into a new challenge and environment without batting an eye.
- A Partner in Success: With any relationship we establish, we desire true partnerships that are mutually beneficial. You live by all those early childhood lessons about treating people with respect, keeping your commitments, listening to the views of others, resolving conflict through negotiation, communicating clearly, and contributing to a positive team effort.
HOW WILL THIS RELATIONSHIP WORK?
Selected individuals will be hired as 1099 contractors and trained on the applicable tools and systems utilized for their assigned projects.
This contract relationships allows streamlined onboarding into our organization and opens the door for interaction within our team that may garner eligibility for subsequent employment opportunities and diverse roles within our various service delivery teams. Contract engineers would be fast-tracked for consideration regarding our full-time, perm positions within Entara, allowing both the engineer and Entara to assess the right role alignment within our organization.
Tasks will be performed in either a remote or hands-on capacity (assigned based on project requirements).
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
You’ll have a direct impact on our clients and the rest of EntaraCorps, helping us to rebuild technical foundations all the while establishing a budding client relationship that in turn grows Entara. Because of that impact, you’ll get our respect and gratitude for the role you play in making Entara the best it can be.
Here are some of the relationship highlights to consider:
- Competitive, hourly pay based on level and skill alignment.
- Flexible hours based on your availability: Monday-Sunday work available, day into late night!
- Opportunities to convert to perm positions with Entara in the areas of Managed Services, Professional Services: Project Delivery, or as a Breach Remediation Project Engineer!
- Contribute to a team culture that fosters & lives by our core values:
- Empathy: I put team and client before self.
- Excellence: I find inner joy in producing excellence.
- Execution: I value execution over intention in myself & others.
- Evolution: I am future-fascinated. Improvement is a lifelong quest.
READY TO EXPLORE MORE?
Apply Today! Questions can be directed to Tiffany at firstname.lastname@example.org