Sr. Frontend Engineer (Security)
Wanted: A Seasoned Frontend Wizard for Security Solutions
(also known as a Remote Sr. Frontend Engineer/ Developer)
WHO WE ARE
Entara is a new kind of security company. We’re built from the ground up to provide the strategic vision, platforms, processes, and people to travel with our clients on the path to their best technology future. We partner with organizations to make technology work brilliantly for our clients.
We launched in 2001, as the niche firm YJT Solutions (You Just Trade), helping to solve some of the IT challenges of Chicago’s most intense trading environments. Because of our success working in the financial industry, we branched out to serve other industries over a decade ago.
In 2018, we rebranded to Entara because our company had grown and evolved far beyond its original roots. We are doubling down on making investments in our future to better serve our clients. We are hiring tomorrow’s leaders, giving them the opportunity to grow beyond what they ever imagined.
We’re now expanding our development team to help reach the finish line for our first SaaS offering. Taking a different and cohesive approach to delivering meaningful cybersecurity solutions to companies; we are going beyond the incident to improve our clients’ security posture using informed offensive tactics.
We’ve been formally recognized as one of Chicago’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For since 2017. We’ve also been named in the INC 5000 Top Growing Companies for the past three years! We’re also ranked among MSPmentor’s Top 200 global IT managed services providers, and our influence has expanded beyond the Chicago arena. Our sole focus is excellence. Our success is built on developing exceptional relationships with fellow co-workers and clients alike, as we collaboratively chart our best paths forward to the future.
EMBARK ON YOUR JOURNEY
We invite you to join Entara and further your career journey with us as a Sr. Frontend Engineer. As a developer embedded in our Security group, you will join an established team preparing to launch our SaaS MVP. We are seeking a developer who is itching to dive into the deep end with us-- ready to wield their magically effective, coding mastery to assist in bringing our vision to life.
Working directly with our product owner, our Sr. Frontend Engineer will utilize Entara’s invested security tool-stack to collaborate on a powerful engine of change in the security marketplace. They will be on the forefront of refining the processes and capabilities leveraged for incident lifecycle management.
While the rest of the world is focused on selling (and reselling) security products, we are focused on bringing meaningful change to organizations’ security. We obsess about a comprehensive approach to cybersecurity that can produce a cycle of resilience for the client. Driving that level of attention and excellence requires a pioneering Sr. Frontend Engineer to foster continuous development—does that happen to be you?
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
(Otherwise known as the fine print, the list of job tasks and responsibilities.)
Entara’s Sr. Frontend Engineer is responsible for building and refining our frontend (and a little backend) services. Our Sr. Frontend Engineer will join our existing Security group development team to reach product milestones and execute on product backlog items.
Our Sr. Frontend Engineer will act as an SME for all things frontend, covering a wide range of issues from infrastructure design and application development, to researching emerging security challenges and proactively proposing solutions to specific technical problems.
This multi-hat position will report to and primarily interact with our Product Owner. The Sr. Frontend Engineer will spend time building foundational components of our security offerings, and then maintaining and enhancing those components over time. In addition, our Sr. Frontend Engineer will be relied upon to guide, mentor, and train incoming team-members as a central contributor to this practice.
Technical Delivery of Frontend and Backend
- In alignment with the product owner, designers, and engineers, turn product and technical vision into software deliverables.
- Work within bi-weekly sprints to deliver PBIs
- Build, test, and ship product features to clients
- Propose new features or capabilities for inclusion and integration in our product delivery
- Work with authentication protocols like OAuth2 (Cognito/Auth0)
- Work with REST APIs and Microservices
- Leverage our toolset: React, Go, Gin-Gonic, MongoDB, Typescript, OpenAPI v3, Kubernetes, Docker, and AWS.
Collaborate & Cultivate Team Relations
- Establish trust and rapport with team members, creating an atmosphere of shared responsibility and enthusiastic vision-casting
- Guide, and mentor lesser experienced developers and new recruits
- Delegate and elevate your own position by raising up junior talent to take on routine tasks, keeping yourself as the forefront of key developmental work required to advance our service positioning in the marketplace
WHO YOU ARE: REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- You have at least 2-5 years’ experience developing with static languages like Go, Java, C#, etc.
- You boast of 2-5 years’ experience working on frontends using React and a frameworks like ExpressJS, hapi.js, etc.
- Your experience working with REST APIs using an HTTP framework like Gin-Gonic and Gorilla/Mux is strong.
- You also have experience using authentication frameworks.
- You have knowledge and experience with CI/CD processes.
- You have an approach to working hours that is more adaptable than the traditional "9-to-5". You're career driven and motivated to put in the time and effort to get the job done right, and you take immense pride in your personal follow-through. At the same time, you can grasp what to prioritize, when to call it a day, and how best to build in some breaks for personal wellness. Balancing work and life well is an art you value in yourself and one that Entara fully supports. You need to be at your best in order to do your best, and that starts with building healthy work habits--something we are continuously pursuing together.
- You are ready to be an effective remote worker and have a dedicated, private space for a home office and already have in place a reliable, private internet connection with at least 25MBPS bandwidth. Public Wi-Fi and shared common spaces do not meet these standards. Entara will supply you with other necessary tools and hardware to complete your tasks remotely.
WHO YOU ARE: PERSONALITY-WISE
- Creatively disciplined: You are religious in your approach towards a solution and start on the road well-travelled as a foundation. You’ve also got a streak of Potter’ish ingenuity when something unexpected comes along. You’re not phased when new obstacles block your path and you’re well versed in juggling multiple accountabilities. You break problems down into programmable actions and pay attention to intuitive inspiration—leading to an inventive, yet grounded solution—all without missing a beat.
- Driven to win: Your sights are set on Olympic gold…all day, every You avoid even thinking, “That’s good enough.” As someone who respects others’ time and manages expectations, you consider being “on-time” a virtue and see following through on commitments as the Holy Grail of your personal work ethic. You continually look to fill gaps in security solutions and find ways to improve those that already exist.
- A Trendsetter: You aren’t phased by being relied on as a key player—you jump at a chance to take the knowledge you’ve gained and reinvent it for a new space. When asked to build something, you run at the end-goal headfirst, paving the way for others to support the foundations you’ve laid. You consider yourself to be an entrepreneur at heart and are ready to take a leap into un-charter territory.
- Appetite for learning: You’re always reaching for the next apple on the knowledge tree, as well as the last piece of pizza in the box. Your sights are continuously set on “leveling up”, so you enjoy working in an organization that promotes from within. You take a proactive approach towards development trends that lurk on the horizon, so that you can always be counted on to bring futuristic practices to life.
- Ambidexterity: You’re adept at balancing your own workload with the responsibilities of the team. You’re intentional about sharing constructive feedback and ideas with colleagues while welcoming the same in return.
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN
You’ll have a direct impact on our operations, our clients, and our fellow EntaraCorps members. Because of that impact, you’ll get our respect and gratitude for the role you play in making Entara the best it can be.
We’ll provide you with skills, training, responsibility and opportunities to grow, both at Entara and wherever your career takes you in the future. (However, we hope you’ll be successful here for a good, long time.)
We consider mentoring and participating in the continual learning of others to be absolutely essential for both you and your co-workers. You’ll benefit by developing your leadership skills—and by having a replacement ready when you’re ready to move up to another position.
We know that’s not enough.
Here are some of the employee benefits we currently offer:
- BCBS Gold-level PPO Medical Insurance, premiums paid 100% by us
- Generous and flexible Paid Time Off policy
- 100% Remote Working Options
- 401k Corporate Matching Program
- Reimbursement for approved certification tests and training, seminars, summits, and more
- Dental Insurance, premiums paid 100% by us
- Disability Insurance, premiums paid 100% by us
- Life Insurance, premiums paid 100% by us with option for buy-up for additional coverage
- Healthcare Savings Account (HSA)
- Dependent Care FSA
- Granted it’s safe to do so, Company-wide outings every six months and virtual events sprinkled in-between! Historic examples include outdoor concerts, rooftop barbecues, floating the Chicago River, bowling & bocce, laser tag, and vintage gaming at a local Beercade, among other things!
And there’s more…
Virtual “Fridays at Four” and Wellness coaching sessions. Combine that with the chance to work with a variety of clients in some of the most interesting industries around, solve big problems, create new pathways in managed security services, and help to lead our clients and ourselves deep into the future, and Entara becomes one company that’s hard to beat.
And there’s even more...
Our spirit is what makes us different. We work hard. We play hard. We care about each other because we respect where each of us comes from and who we are. We have a more evolved notion of teamwork—solving problems together and scouring the horizon for new ideas together. We recognize the journey we’re all on, from our clients to ourselves. We’re all at different places on that journey, and each stop requires support, knowledge and courage to move on. It’s why we bring the best tools and support to our clients. And why we treat and reward our EntaraCorps the way we do.