Triage Specialist (Remote)
Wanted: A Responsive Prioritization Artist!
(Also known as a Triage Specialist)
EMBARK ON YOUR JOURNEY
We invite you to join Entara and start your journey as our fully-remote, full-time Triage Specialist! This position is where a responsive prioritization artist may start their career progression with Entara, growing into further positions that influence our clients’ and engineers’ lives on a daily basis.
Our Triage Specialist plugs into our Managed Services team. This team is the lifeblood of our organization and plays an integral role in the daily IT operations for a variety of different business landscapes 24x7x365. They are a team that remediates fires, jumps through technical hoops, and identifies opportunities for advancement. The issues our engineers solve day in and day out, enable our clients to work and operate in tip-top shape, knowing that we have their back when it all goes up in flames.
This position is tasked with “keeping the chaos at a minimum” for our Managed Services engineers by staying on top of everything that flows into our service queues. Our Triage Specialists must display a mix of empathetic intake with precise execution on next steps. They act as the “first responders” to the phone, gathering client inquiries and setting them up for a successful resolution. Our triage specialists are required to master two critical workflows in our Managed Services team: New Call Board & Phone Triage.
While our Triage Specialists don’t need to be technical, they are masters of following process—crossing every t and dotting every i. They have an impeccable knack for processing incoming alerts and inquiries into detailed, trackable tickets which then enables our team of engineers to efficiently tackle client issues Simply put, this role is vital to our success—are you the detailed allocation artisan we’ve been looking for?
WHAT YOU’RE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
(Otherwise known as your “accountabilities”—the most important aspects of your role at Entara.)
- Receive client inquiries and conduct ticket triage to create Incident and Requests accordingly.
- Answer phones to receive client inquiries and create tickets.
- Ensure SLA Adherence and escalate tickets as required.
- Identify automation opportunities based on the ticket volume and trends.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
(Otherwise known as the fine print, the list of job tasks and responsibilities.)
Our clients depend on Entara to be at the helm of their IT Operations, 24x7x365. Entara’s Triage Specialist is tasked with triaging incoming client requests. Triage Specialists initially engage with clients over the phone or via emailed requests, determine urgency, and create tickets to track their progress towards closure. Triage Specialists increase overall throughput by accurately categorizing and prioritizing tickets, making sure escalation processes are being followed and helping us keep our promises to clients – resulting in our stellar customer satisfaction record. Our Triage Specialist reports directly to the Service Delivery Manager.
- Be available and logged into the Managed Services support queues and required tools
- Be the first point of contact for incoming issues and triage using our standard processes
- Ensure SLAs are being met on open tickets and escalate as required
- Follow New Call Process to:
- Answer Service Desk calls and emails via New Call Board
- Gather required information to identify pertinent ticket details
- Gather urgency and impact
- Create ticket
- Assign and communicate next steps based on urgency
- Update Clients as necessary regarding their open tickets
- Follow Client Escalation Process for identified Priority 1 “P1” tickets
- Successfully complete transitions by providing thorough hand-offs to our Overnight Dispatchers or Engineers at the close of each shift
- Keep an eye out for “process gaps” that affect your ability as a Triage Specialist or our engineer’s throughput
- Identify areas of automation to better triage, document and assign tickets
- Cross train as an overnight dispatcher for additional support when the occasion arises
- Assist Operational Leaders with projects that will help us better equip our team. Here are some examples of projects that may be assigned or requested, including but not limited to:
- Documentation refinement or creation (KnowledgeBase)
- Template Creation
- Process updates within IT Glue
- Tool optimization
WHO YOU ARE: REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- You have a perception of working hours that is more malleable than the traditional "9 to 5". You're career driven and invested to put in the time and energy to get the job done right, and you take immense pride in your personal follow-through. On the flip side, you know when to prioritize, take a break, and build in some time for personal wellness. Balancing work and life is an art you encourage in yourself and one that Entara fully embraces. Be at your best, to do your best and that starts with building healthy work habits--something we are continuously evolving together.
- As a Triage Specialist, you will be primarily scheduled from 8:00am – 5:00pm CST, Monday-Friday. There will be opportunities for overtime and you’re welcome to volunteer to cover extra shifts, be them after-hours or covering the occasional weekend.
- You have a dedicated, private space for a home office and already have in place a reliable, private internet connection with at least 25MBPS bandwidth. Public wifi and shared common spaces do not meet these standards. Entara will supply you with the other necessary tools and hardware to complete your tasks remotely.
- You have at least 2-3 year(s) of experience in a role that required you to autonomously perform sequential tasks in a timely and accurate fashion. You enjoy roles that follow a set process and require an attentiveness to the details. Our ideal candidate would already have experience with intake (even if it’s of another flavor).
- You don't shrink away from answering the phone and being someone's confidant. Our clients are calling in with any and every type of technical issue, at all hours of the day. We are there to help make their lives that much easier by getting their issue on the fastest road to resolution. Your experience boasts of positions where you had to play the middle-man, emphasize with stressed individuals, and help get them back on track.
- You have at a minimum obtained your high-school degree or GED. You are a fast-learner (especially when it comes to navigating technical tools) and comprehension was one of your strengths in school.
- At the end of a long day, you pride yourself on the influence you had on another person’s day. It’s not just about mindlessly doing a task, you enjoy bridging the gap for our clients and ensuring their issues get in the right hands in a timely manner.
- You are fascinated by the technical industry and want to gain exposure to (and be a valuable part of) the internal operations of a Top-Tier Managed Service Provider!
WHO YOU ARE: PERSONALITY-WISE
- Poised & Professional. Despite the number of inbound activity thrown your way, you always remain calm and maintain an impressive ability to adapt and reprioritize. You understand exactly where your focus needs to be at any given moment, yet always take the time to stop and connect with the individuals crossing your path. After all, if they aren’t satisfied then what was it all for?
- Reliable: You pride yourself on being an effective, follow-through. You rarely have to be corrected twice. You stand by your work with pride and consciously attend to each task before moving onto the next one at hand.
- You enjoy the rhythm of a checklist: Checking for open issues, gathering the details, determining the urgency, scheduling follow-ups, and communicating next steps. That’s your preferred cup of tea!
- You play fair. You live by all those early childhood lessons about treating people with respect, keeping your commitments, listening to the views of others, resolving conflict through negotiation, communicating clearly, and contributing to a positive team effort. You place team success above your individual interests.
WHO WE ARE
Entara is a new kind of IT Managed Services Company. We’re built from the ground up to provide the strategic vision, platforms, processes and people to travel with our clients on the path to their best IT future. We partner with mid-sized organizations to make technology work brilliantly for our clients.
We launched in 2001, as the niche firm YJT Solutions (You Just Trade) helping to solve some of the IT challenges of Chicago’s most intense trading environments. Because of our success working in the financial industry, we branched out to serve other industries over a decade ago.
In 2018, we rebranded to Entara because our company has grown and evolved far beyond its original roots. We are doubling down on making investments in our future to better serve our clients. We are evaluating new toolsets, selecting and integrating the best ones for our future-facing IT Service Management platform, EntaraWorks. We are hiring tomorrow’s leaders, giving them the opportunity to grow beyond what they ever imagined.
We’ve been formally recognized as one of Chicago’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For since 2017. We’ve been ranked among MSPmentor’s Top 200 global IT managed services providers, and our influence has expanded beyond the Chicago arena. Our sole focus is excellence. If you are fond of the phrase “close enough,” please don’t apply for this job. Our success is built on developing exceptional relationships with fellow co-workers and clients alike, as we collaboratively chart our best paths forward to the future.
Frodo couldn’t do it alone. He needed a team. Entara values teamwork and collegiality, especially on those days that feel like a march to Mordor. At Entara, everyone has a role to play, everyone leads in one situation or another, and everyone has the opportunity to grow into positions of increasing responsibility. If your goal is to be the Lord of the Ring, please don’t apply for this job. If you want to join the Fellowship of the Ring, please do apply!
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN
You’ll have a direct impact on our operations, our clients, and our fellow EntaraCorps members. Because of that impact, you’ll get our respect and gratitude for the role you play in making Entara the best it can be.
We’ll provide you with skills, training, responsibility and opportunities to grow, both at Entara and wherever your career takes you in the future. (However, we hope you’ll be successful here for a good, long time.)
We consider mentoring and participating in the continual learning of others to be absolutely essential for both you and your co-workers. You’ll benefit by developing your leadership skills—and by having a replacement ready when you’re ready to move up to another position.
We know that’s not enough.
Here are some of the employee benefits we currently offer:
- Committed, Full-time hours paid at a competitive, hourly rate: $15-$20/hour
- BCBS PPO Medical Insurance, silver plan premiums paid 100% by us
- Generous, accrued Paid Time Off policy
- 401k Corporate Matching Program
- Reimbursement for approved certification tests and training, seminars, conferences and more
- Disability Insurance , premiums paid 100% by us
- Life Insurance, premiums paid 100% by us
- Vision, Dental , & Accident Insurance options
- Healthcare Savings Account (HSA)
- Dependent Care FSA
- Granted it’s safe to do so, Company-wide outings every six months and virtual events sprinkled in-between! Historic examples include outdoor concerts, rooftop barbecues, private yacht charters, bowling & bocce, laser tag, and vintage gaming at a local Beercade, among other things!
And there’s more…
Virtual “Fridays at Four” and a weekly internal News show. Combine that with the chance to work with a variety of clients in some of the most interesting industries around, solve big problems, create new pathways in managed services, and help to lead our clients and ourselves deep into the future, and Entara becomes the one IT company that’s hard to beat.
And there’s even more...
Our spirit is what makes us different. We work hard. We play hard. We care about each other because we respect where each of us comes from and who we are. We have a more evolved notion of teamwork--solving client problems together and scouring the horizon for new ideas together. We recognize the journey we’re all on, from our clients to ourselves. We’re all at different places on that journey, and each stop requires support, knowledge and courage to move on. It’s why we bring the best tools and support to our clients. And why we treat and reward our EntaraCorps the way we do.
Curiosity is encouraged!
Have questions? Recruiting@entaracorp.com