Incident & Resilience Handler
INCIDENT & RESILIENCE HANDLER
Forecheck is on a mission to help customers implement long-term solutions to all their security incidents. We are the first cybersecurity resilience platform built to automate incident management for complete incident life cycle management, from detection to remediation to resilience.
We are a dedicated team that values hard work, curiosity, strategic thinking, and knowing when it's time to take a step back and celebrate our work. At Forecheck, we value diverse backgrounds and expertise. We know that our fortitude as a team is bolstered by the individual strengths of our team members. We are passionate about helping our clients succeed.
Are you ready to help us accomplish our mission to take our clients from cyber vulnerable to cyber resilient?
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
As an employee at Forecheck, you will spend time authoring and researching offensive security tactics to strengthen our clients' resiliency. You will be expected to have a deep knowledge of various threats and forms of attack while having demonstrated experience in highly technical, customer-facing security roles. You will also gain extensive hands-on experience in a role that leverages your security expertise to identify, detect, and notify customers of security events ongoing within their environment.
An effective Incident and Resilience Handler will own the technical relationship with our customers and leverage their cross-domain expertise to:
- Create and maintain an outstanding partnership with customers
- Use communication tailored to customers’ level of expertise to help them understand the full scope of information available, ask the right questions, and advance the maturity of their security program
- Action customer requests promptly, including directing and coordinating efforts with other teams, as needed
- Author and research resiliency documentation that publishes into our SaaS App
- Work closely with our development team to turn resilience documentation into an automatically detected data point
- Write Python detection rules for queried API data
- Proactively implement security measures based on resiliency research
- Be available after-hours for critical incident handling
- Wear multiple hats (because hey, were still a startup)
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Ideally your background should boast of:
- 3+ years of experience in a hands-on security role
- Strong knowledge of and experience securing Windows and Linux/Unix operating systems
- Strong offensive security understanding of enterprise IT security solutions, including Active Directory, Azure, AWS, GCP, Windows, etc.
- Basic understanding of secure DevOps principles for working in the cloud
- Experience with scripting tools and languages such as Python and PowerShell
- Experience with Endpoint Detection & Response solutions
- Digital Forensics and Incident Response experience
- Experience with research-driven reports
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to break down complex situations into understandable pieces
- Passion for continuously broadening your security expertise
As the Incident and Resilience Handler, your responsibilities will be split between assisting customers when incidents occur and authoring resiliency measures to be deployed to our application. In this role, we expect you to not only improve your technical skills and knowledge but influence the growth of your colleagues as well.
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN
Forecheck is committed to our employees. To reflect that commitment, we include Unlimited PTO, work location flexibility, 100% remote work, 401k matching, employee outings, and 100% employee premium coverage for medical and dental insurance...and that's just the tip of the iceberg.
READY TO EXPLORE MORE?
Questions can be directed to Forecheck at firstname.lastname@example.org.