Wanted: An Explorative & Empathetic First Officer of Talent Attraction
(also known as a Corporate Recruiter)
EMBARK ON YOUR JOURNEY
We invite you to join Entara and further your career journey with us as a Corporate Recruiter for our Talent Acquisition team. The heart of any company is its people and here at Entara—we take the art of finding and cultivating our people with extreme care. To be top-tier in our delivery, we must enable our employees by being a world-class employer, period. This type of culture wasn’t built overnight and it takes considerable tending, especially when we come into seasons where we’re busy as bees and need to support the team with equally awesome teammates.
This is where our Corporate Recruiter comes into play. We are on the market to secure top-tier employees at ALL levels of our organization- from entry level to enterprising leadership. We hire for value fits over just skills and have a different approach towards aligning candidates to opportunities. We are looking for another champion of attraction- a creative and disciplined professional broadcaster of our culture- who will help us find like-minded rockstars looking for their next career home.
Our ideal Corporate Recruiter will have some seasoned exposure to attracting, vetting, and building relationships with technically minded talent. We’re looking for an enterprising, resourceful team-player who wants to work alongside our Talent Acquisition Manager to scale our Talent operations in preparation for the next frontier. Our Recruiter bleeds empathy, nails deliverables, and prioritizes experience. In other words—a first officer, second in command, of the Starship Talent Enterprise. Does this sound like you?
WHAT YOU’RE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
(Otherwise known as your “accountabilities”—the most important aspects of your role at Entara.)
- Cultivate and nurture GREAT candidate experiences.
- Facilitate “values-first” hiring initiatives.
- Fill Assigned Requisitions: Source to Close.
- Capture Elusive Talent Pools: Build long-term pipelines for repeated requisitions.
- Cascade the Entara Employee Value Prop.
- Maintain Recruiting Database & Tool Integrity.
- Capture & Participate in Team Metric attainment and continual process efficiencies.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
(Otherwise known as the fine print, the list of job tasks and responsibilities.)
The Corporate Recruiter will own various facets of the recruiting process, working alongside our Talent Acquisition Manager (TAM) to attract and convert interested prospects into new hires. The Corporate Recruiter will cultivate their own mix of assigned role requisitions and conduct full-cycle recruitment spanning our Practice areas. Roles may range from seasonal internships, establishing independent contractor relationships, and hiring full-time and part-time positions. Our Recruiter will be a team player and will be additionally responsible for a mix of recruitment tool administration, cultivation, sourcing, and coordination efforts to optimize the efficiency of our “small but mighty” Talent Team. This position will report directly to the Talent Acquisition Manager and will work closely with Entara’s Hiring Managers to cultivate mutual success for Entara and the candidates who enter our pipelines.
- Execute full-cycle recruitment for assigned requisitions.
- Perform Kick-off meeting with TAM to capture required vetting steps and available resources.
- Cultivate Talent Pipelines: Review applications. Conduct sourcing. Leverage ATS.
- Select and interview candidates who meet both Entara values and required skills.
- Proactively communicate in a way that enhances the candidate’s experience; ensure each candidate walks away feeling valued and informed.
- Gather and grade applicable assessments against Entara baseline, escalating to TAM as needed
- Project manage your candidates: provide insight and recommendations to hiring managers and TAM on candidate, talent pool, and vetting processes.
- Assume personal ownership of all next steps, follow-ups, and update calls in relation to your candidates. Schedule all necessary interviews. Host video-based interviews.
- Utilize developed messaging and rejection or advancement guidelines to ensure compliance measures are followed consistently for each candidate.
- Provide and gather timely feedback from Entara interviewers.
- Coordinate and compose offers for review and extension with TAM and the Director of Finance.
- Transition closed candidate relationships to TAM, HR, and Hiring Manger for new hire onboarding.
- Maintain the Candidate Experience:
- Assist TAM in coordinating next steps and required action items to streamline time to hire.
- Assume the role of Coordinator for select requisitions: Schedule interviews, gather assessments, and conduct reference checks.
- Identify process gaps or inefficiencies that may require resolution or refinement, keeping the candidate experience top of mind.
Be an Attraction Expert
- Following Entara recruitment methodology, meet weekly metrics and execute various outreach methods for passive candidate engagement (in-mails, emails, and calls).
- Compose and fine-tune outreach sequences to mature passive talent tools for upcoming opportunities.
- Conduct day-to-day management of prospect pools and related engagement activity, whether relationships are new, continued, or referred to us for cultivation.
- Leverage preferred tools: LinkedIn Recruiter, Gem, and Greenhouse ATS.
- Manage Online Postings:
- Edit and maintain online postings on Entara’s careers page and job board platforms, ensuring they maintain consistency in messaging and branding.
- Research and propose additional posting platforms, LinkedIn groups, etc. that Entara should be leveraging as our needs expand.
- Campus Coordination:
- Provide onsite and preparatory assistance for candidate job fairs; attend events as a secondary representative. Note: Requires out of state travel for on-campus fairs.
- Research additional collegiate programs that may contribute to upcoming or growing talent needs.
- Enhance Company Brand:
- Research brand engagement and propose adjustments or additions to virtual brand presence.
Keep the Process Flowing
- Capture Team Metrics:
- Pull required data, reports, and metrics from our standard TA toolset for review on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis.
- Highlight variances and assist in the creative “solve” for process gaps or hard-to-fill roles.
- TA Tool Administration: Understand the utilization and necessity of each of our TA tools. Maintain continual upkeep and data integrity – ensuring accurate reporting of TA activity and trends.
- Maintain candidate data in Greenhouse; ensure accurate data is uploaded and available for current candidates (assessments, applications, feedback, etc.).
- Execute assigned tasks related to new position setup in Greenhouse, including scorecard development, application questions, interview stages, etc.
- Organize prospect projects across sourcing platforms (LinkedIn Recruiter, Gem); ensure follow-up activities are tracked and logged in respective tools.
- Navigate and manipulate assessment and form platforms to address process changes.
WHO YOU ARE: REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- You have a four-year degree, preferably in a field that’s business-oriented—such as Marketing, Human Resources, or Communications. Your Anne with an e determination resulted in a high GPA or other academic accolades and your pursuit for knowledge hasn’t been quenched yet!
- You have at least three years of experience in a role that required you to proactively source and cultivate candidate relationships as a recruiter. Our most ideal candidate will have experience attracting elusive technical talent namely in the areas of operational IT, product development (full-stack), or security.
- You are a master of the pen (or keyboard, as it were). Communicating clearly, effectively, and persuasively is an ability you are proud of. You wield words with poise and specificity, adapting to a variety of different audiences as needed. You consider your professional communication—and writing, in particular—to be impeccable, effective, and appropriately tailored for the context. You are also very confident demonstrating your superb communication skills throughout the interviewing process.
- You are accomplished with the tools and applications used by recruitment professionals. Greenhouse ATS, LinkedIn | LinkedIn Recruiter, collegiate job platforms (Simplicity, Handshake, etc.) & Gem (sourcing) are our preferred tools. You also have a knack for learning new software without much formal training; technology in its various forms is something you “get” and understand how to use to your advantage.
- You’re an organizational mastermind, pulling off a delicate juggling act of multiple candidates in multiple phases while making it all look effortless. You multitask out of necessity, but you do so without compromising your attention to detail. You can push through a large volume of activity every day and yet still recall on a dime which universities your five active candidates named Michael recently graduated from.
- You maintain an acute awareness and composure relative to the personal or confidential information that you may come across in your role. You pride yourself on being someone others can trust to handle sensitive information in a professional manner and with the utmost care.
- You have an approach to working hours that is more adaptable than the traditional "9-to-5". You're career driven and motivated to put in the time and effort to get the job done right, and you take immense pride in your personal follow-through. At the same time, you can grasp what to prioritize, when to call it a day, and how best to build in some breaks for personal wellness. Balancing work and life well is an art you value in yourself and one that Entara fully supports. You need to be at your best in order to do your best, and that starts with building healthy work habits--something we are continuously pursuing together.
WHO YOU ARE: PERSONALITY-WISE
- Eyes on the prize. “Tenacious” and “persistent” are descriptors that friends and family frequently assign to you. Once a goal is outlined, you’ll cross as many mountains and valleys as necessary to attain it. During the journey, you are not derailed by changes in weather—like shifting hiring priorities or elusive candidate pools.
- Leave no stone unturned. You are always thinking of new ways to meet attraction challenges because you know that finding the right candidate is not as easy as point, click, post. You understand—and make every use of—those tried-and-true tactics, but you don’t build up dependencies on just one or two resources. When it comes to your job, you’re not content to just take inherited tools and let history repeat itself. You want to add value and expand horizons to constantly help the team’s efforts become more and more effective.
- Accountable & Self-Driven. When you screw up, the person who is most disappointed is always you. You take great pride in the quality of your work and the way in which you deliver it. “Very good” may do for most people, but you’re out for excellence. You are self-motivated in respect to your work because you view it as a reflection of yourself and what you have to offer. You often find that the standards you set for yourself are even higher than what others expect of you, and you learn from your mistakes.
- A Confidant. If you give your word, you keep it. You quickly build trust-centered relationships, based on your reliability, follow through, and perceptive listening. You are informative without oversharing, reading a conversation to know when it’s time to transition while having a constant eye for confidentiality and professionalism.
- A Ray of Sunshine. People are drawn to you because they find you disarming and approachable. You are a natural at breaking the ice and chatting to build familiarity. Your energetic demeanor comes through and adds to the positive impressions that you are so carefully managing. But your words are not all hot air—you speak from a place of authenticity and passion. Your sincerity helps you build trust with candidates, and you prefer to elevate relationships to a level of honest dialogue.
- A Combo Meal. Your style is winningly ambidextrous. While you are known to be creative, social, and improvisational, you also insist on being extremely organized and highly detailed. If Dance Dance Revolution and Microsoft Excel had a love child, it would be you.
WHO WE ARE
Entara is a new kind of IT Managed Services Company. We’re built from the ground up to provide the strategic vision, platforms, processes and people to travel with our clients on the path to their best IT future. We partner with mid-sized organizations to make technology work brilliantly for our clients.
We launched in 2001, as the niche firm YJT Solutions (You Just Trade) helping to solve some of the IT challenges of Chicago’s most intense trading environments. Because of our success working in the financial industry, we branched out to serve other industries over a decade ago.
In 2018, we rebranded to Entara because our company has grown and evolved far beyond its original roots. We are doubling down on making investments in our future to better serve our clients. We are evaluating new toolsets, selecting and integrating the best ones for our future-facing IT Service Management platform, EntaraWorks. We are hiring tomorrow’s leaders, giving them the opportunity to grow beyond what they ever imagined.
We’ve been formally recognized as one of Chicago’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For since 2017. We’ve been ranked among MSPmentor’s Top 200 global IT managed services providers, and our influence has expanded beyond the Chicago arena. Our sole focus is excellence. If you are fond of the phrase “close enough,” please don’t apply for this job. Our success is built on developing exceptional relationships with fellow co-workers and clients alike, as we collaboratively chart our best paths forward to the future.
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN
You’ll have a direct impact on our operations, our clients, and our fellow EntaraCorps members. Because of that impact, you’ll get our respect and gratitude for the role you play in making Entara the best it can be.
We’ll provide you with skills, training, responsibility and opportunities to grow, both at Entara and wherever your career takes you in the future. (However, we hope you’ll be successful here for a good, long time.)
We consider mentoring and participating in the continual learning of others to be absolutely essential for both you and your co-workers. You’ll benefit by developing your leadership skills—and by having a replacement ready when you’re ready to move up to another position.
We know that’s not enough.
Here are some of the employee benefits we currently offer:
- BCBS Gold-level PPO Medical Insurance, premiums paid 100% by us
- Generous and flexible Paid Time Off policy
- Remote work!
- 401k Corporate Matching Program
- Reimbursement for approved certification tests and training, seminars, conferences and more
- Dental Insurance, premiums paid 100% by us
- Disability Insurance, premiums paid 100% by us
- Life Insurance, premiums paid 100% by us with option for buy-up for additional coverage
- Healthcare Savings Account (HSA)
- Dependent Care FSA
- Granted it’s safe to do so, Company-wide outings every six months and virtual events sprinkled in-between! Historic examples include outdoor concerts, rooftop barbecues, floating the Chicago River, bowling & bocce, laser tag, and vintage gaming at a local Beercade, among other things!
And there’s more…
Virtual “Fridays at Four” and a weekly internal News show. Combine that with the chance to work with a variety of clients in some of the most interesting industries around, solve big problems, create new pathways in managed services, and help to lead our clients and ourselves deep into the future, and Entara becomes one IT company that’s hard to beat.
And there’s even more...
Our spirit is what makes us different. We work hard. We play hard. We care about each other because we respect where each of us comes from and who we are. We have a more evolved notion of teamwork--solving client problems together and scouring the horizon for new ideas together. We recognize the journey we’re all on, from our clients to ourselves. We’re all at different places on that journey, and each stop requires support, knowledge and courage to move on. It’s why we bring the best tools and support to our clients. And why we treat and reward our EntaraCorps the way we do.