Cyber Security Engineer
Cyber Security Engineer
EMBARK ON THE JOURNEY
We invite you to further your professional journey with Entara as a member of our Cyber Security Team. As a top-tier provider of technical service delivery, Entara maintains partnerships that require our team to work collaboratively across our organization to design and provide a secure foundation for our offerings. Our investment in our security operations is continuing to grow as we recognize the demand for an expert information operations team in order to protect both our clients and ourselves in the face of ever increasing complex threats and non-automatable security events.
The work this team performs is dynamic, fast-paced, and requires the self-discipline to “execute the plan” within an aggressive timeline. Are you ready to roll up your sleeves and help us provide excellent security solutions to protect both Entara and our clients?
WHAT YOU’RE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Respond and triage our workforce’s and clients’ security requests
- Automate support needs by integrating our security toolset with other systems
- Analyze security events from multiple sources
- Develop and maintain tools and infrastructure
- Leverage data to drive security review efficiency and prioritize high-value security team engagement
- Stay up-to-date on the latest tools, techniques, and processes used by cyber criminals
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Our Cyber Security Engineer runs in the trenches -- optimizing our environment, tools, and processes to efficiently combat and respond to security needs within Entara and enhancing our clients’ security stance. Our Cyber Security Engineer will report directly to Entara’s CISO as a member of our Cyber Security Team.
Perform Project Tasks
- Plan and design projects inclusive of preparing deliverables, establishing timelines, and accounting for contingency planning.
- Collaborate with security architects, engineers, and security teams to protect our services
- Design a secure foundation for services at Entara
- Execute full end-to-end security assurance activities including security architecture, threat modeling, some security testing, and risk management
- Work with teams across Entara to ensure best practices regarding information security are understood, implemented, and documented
- Create incidents and support the investigation of such incidents to not only mitigate the current threat, but also prevent future occurrence.
- Maintaining billable utilization targets
- Record complete change details, time worked entries, and work notes in our ServiceNow platform on a real-time basis
- Contribute to the team’s attainment of high customer satisfaction scores on project delivery
WHO YOU ARE: REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience deploying and managing security applications such as Avanan, Guardicore, Okta, Thycotic, Cymulate, Hypr, Duo, CrowdStrike, Carbon Black, etc.
- 3+ years of experience using EDR solutions and/or SIEM solutions
- Deep understanding of offensive attack techniques and how to enable defenders
- 3+ years of experience conducting security reviews, threat modeling, tracking findings, and communicating risk to engineering and leadership
- Any information security certifications are a plus ie GCIH, GSOC, GSEC, GCED, GCWN, GCDA, GFAT
- Knowledgeable about distributed systems’ design patterns and security implications
- Experience in at least one programming language such as Python, Java, Go, or Ruby
- An excellent verbal and written communicator
- Able to develop proof of concept systems to automate security recommendations, vulnerability discovery, and process workflows
- Desire to contribute to a team culture that fosters & lives by our core values:
- Empathy: I put team and client before self.
- Excellence: I find inner joy in producing excellence.
- Execution: I value execution over intention in myself & others.
- Evolution: I am future-fascinated. Improvement is a lifelong quest.
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN
As an employee at Entara, you will have a direct impact on our operations, our clients, and your fellow EntaraCorps members. Because of that impact, you get our respect and gratitude for the role you play in making Entara the best it can be. We consider mentoring and participating in the continual learning of others to be absolutely essential for both you and your co-workers.
To reflect our commitment to our employees, we offer unlimited PTO, work location flexibility, 100% remote work, 401k matching, employee outings (virtual and in person), reimbursement for seminars, conferences, and certifications, and 100% employee premium coverage for medical, dental, life, and disability insurance….and that’s just the tip of the iceberg.